Tuesday, November 30, 2010

...SCARED OUT OF MY MIND...

Im sitting here at work and I just can't get it out of my mind! I just sat here and kept thinking to myself should I write about this or not??? Well yesterday I got off work a little later then I usually do and for some reason I went to pick up my oldest first, usually I go and pick up our 3youngest from my sisters but today I wanted to get my oldest first. Soo I drove home and went to see if he was in the house and he wasn't home, so I walked over to his friends house where he's suppose to be staying at after school until I get off to pick him up. So I walked over there and knocked on the door and there was no answer, so I just sat in the car for awhile until someone came home. Then I seen one of the older siblings going in so I walked over and asked him if Vita was there! He went in and came back out and said "No one was home" I asked him if he could call his mom to see if she may have taken him with his younger siblings and the respond was also a "No". I was soo SCARED!!! Already an hour went by and he was no where to be found. So I walked over to another friends house and asked them if he had came by there place, the kids stated "No, Tevita got off the first bus stop and thats the last time they seen him!" I got even more SCARED at this point I wasn't crying & I didnt know what to do! I had Keila's phone so I couldn't get a hold of him and the only way I knew how to get a hold of him was by texting Ova's cell! I texted him to have Keila call me ASAP cause it was an EMERGENCY! He did so and Keila called me right back in less then a minute with a co-workers phone! I then started explaining to him how I couldn't find our son he was no where to be found! He thought at first I was lieing until I didnt say just kidding! He started freaking out and the first thing he said is to CALL THE POLICE!!! So I hung up with him then I called my sister Irene first just to check and see if they had stopped by and picked him up! She started freaking out too and was soo upset with me! (i want to say lol right now but really this was not a matter to be laughing at right now!!!) I then hung up the phone with her and called the police it has now been 2hrs and 30mins that has gone by and I havent found my son! I was SCARED! I still haven't cried yet! While I was on the phone with the Police Department I just didnt know what the heck to say to them! They started asking me all kinds of questions and then all of a sudden it HIT ME THAT MY SON MAY HAVE GOTTEN LOST or KIDNAPPED!!!! I started BURSTING INTO TEARS!!! I couldn't talk to them anymore with a straight voice, she had me stay on the phone with her until the police arrived! As I was parked in the front of our home sitting in the ride balling my eyes out and talking with the police department. All of a sudden I see my neighbor come out of his home and started knocking on my door, I then got out and said hi and if he by chance seen my oldest Tevita! He didnt say YES and he didnt say NO either! He just looked at his door and pointed to his house! I started crying even more! I then said is he in your house??? He doesnt respond at all he just walked into his home and then the door opens back up and out walks TEVITA!! I looked at him and ran and grabbed him and then I told the police on the phone I FOUND HIM and that my neighbor had him the whole time! I then had to wait for the police to still arrive because they needed to make see him and make sure he was alright! I then THANKED my NEIGBOR soo MUCH for taking him in! We then went into our home and waited for the police. I then started talking to Vita and asked him how come he didnt come in our home or go to his friends house where he was suppose to be. He replys: "I was scared cause his friends dad was hitting them so I walked out and came home but then I got scared and sat outside the door and then Todd (our neighbor) told me I could come in there home and play with Tammy (his daughter) until I goet home!" I then told him I was soo SCARED and how I called the police and went everywhere looking for him! He was shocked and sad at the same time. He didnt know I would do that for him! I told him of course I would! I would never let anyone take him or I would never just sit around and not look for him! 10mins later the police arrived took some information down and then left! By the time they left it was now 6:10pm so we headed to pick up Keila from work cause he was almost off! We picked up Keila and we both talked to Vita on our way to pick up the rest of our kids and WOW!!!! Is all I can say after this LONG LONG DAY of being SCARED OUT OF MY MIND!!! His brothers were soo excited to see him because my sister told them what had happened!!! So after all this commotion Vita NOW gets picked up by his aunty when school is OFF because I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER REPEAT OF YESTERDAY :(

7 comments:

  1. OMH that is a parents worse nightmare! I was scared just reading your blog. I'm so happy that Vita is okay and that he is getting picked up now. That is the scariest thing ever. But you did a Good job Sina and handled it WAY better than I would've!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy there is happy ending. I know exactly how you feel. When T.j first started school the teacher assured us that they would not release the kids until they saw there parents. Well one day while I was at work. I got a call from Toa saying his mom forgot to pick up T.j and so he wanted to know if I got him cause he wasnt at school and his teacher didnt see him leave. So I started freaking out and Toa was so mad at him mom and scared at the same time. I got off of work within the hour and on my way home I got another call from Toa and he said he found T.j sitting on the curb a few blocks from school crying. Tj said no one came to get him so he started to walk home. Only he forgot how to get there cause he had never walked before :( I think I would have called the cops had I made it home and still no Tj!! I am surprised you didnt go into premature labor freaking out like that!!LOL!!.. Hope your day is going good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO scary!!! I am so glad that you found your son safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how scary! I'm glad you found him and that you have neighbors who would take care of him for you. Makai always asks me if he can walk home from school, bug i can't Bronx myself to let him......I'd just rather have the security of knowing he's ok by picking him up everyday. So glad it was a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bug I can't Bronx......WTH?? Haha but I can't bring myself is what I meant to type....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. It happens to all of us at some point or time in our lives. I'm so glad he wasn't hurt or anything! Oh my heart dropped reading this, poor Sina, I've felt your pain girl!! XOXO to my fave Vita! ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY! I was emotional along with you through this post, thank goodness you have great neighbors!

    ReplyDelete