Saturday, August 13, 2011

…I Still Can’t Believe It…


Well it’s been about a month now since my Hubby was let go from his job Dannon (the yogurt company). It’s been a subject or something that I try not to talk about to anyone, Because I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!! It all happened around the end of June going into July. I felt like he was let go for the dumbest reason, well to me it was dumb but to the company it was a Safety Violation. I clearly remember the day it happened he came straight home from work as usual after a day of hard work, He came and woke me up with a facial expression that looked like (don’t get mad at me) and said to me “They pulled me and Osi (another co-worker of his) into the office around 2am and they were asking us questions about an incident that happened a month ago that involved me and him.” As my Hubby was telling me his story I just sat there and kept saying in my head “please don’t say you go fired”, As he went on with his story and explained how a month ago at work they were getting slammed to the point that they were behind on loading and other stuff,  and when he was trying to put a pallet full of yogurt on a high shelf (I’m guessing) it wouldn’t stay still because there was a loose pallet at the top of the shelf which was making it impossible to place the pallet of yogurt on top without it falling or tipping, He said at the time he wasn’t thinking of safety but was thinking if he doesn’t hurry up and fix the pallet at the top they will be behind even more and busy then they were already. So he said he was lifted up on a forklift by a co-worker, and he had loosened the pallet that was stuck at the top and then placed the new pallet of yogurt on top and then continued on with the rest of their work for that day.

Well maybe about 3wks after the incident my Husband injured his back at work and was put on light duty with a restriction of no heavy lifting over 10lbs by his Doctor. And HONESTLY I felt like ever since they put him on light duty Dannon was out to get him, to top it off Dannon was in the process of laying off a few employees as well. But I felt like ever since his back injury they were trying to find something to let him go or to get him in trouble with. Well 2wks had passed since his injury and then that’s when they were called into the office by the supervisors and plant manager. When they left the office he said Dannon said they’ll call him if they want him to come in tomorrow to work, So the next day came and it was getting closer to 6pm which is the time he starts work, Then maybe around 4:30pm he received a call from Dannon saying for him to come in by 5pm. I dropped him off to work not thinking anything negative because since he worked at Dannon he had NEVER EVER GOT IN TROUBLE FOR ANYTHING (Not even a warning). But I think an hour passed since I dropped him off to work he showed back up at home and said with a smile “I got fired, for Zero Tolerance Violation Rule”. At first I was just sitting there not wanting to believe it and as minutes went by then hours I finally realized he is DONE he is no longer working for Dannon.

Well it has been a month now since he lost his job. My Husband has been applying for jobs since a week ago. Lol… I know, you think since we both don’t work he would hurry up and get another job but no he just applied for Unemployment and is just chillaxing with us and spending quality time with us and helping with the kids around the house. I know since he lost his job it’s been a big hot mess with our bills and thank goodness we paid a few of our bills ahead of time and a month ahead or I would be going crazy. Lmbo… Well since then a few things have been working and going great for us. Dannons UNION is fighting his case and is trying to get his job back for him and trust me we keep up to date with Steve Wolfe who is helping my Husband and calls us almost every day to let us know where everything stands right now. My Mother In-law Linda Otukolo is another big help to us. If you know me I am the type of person who does NOT want any kind of help from anyone and I try to do everything on my own unless it comes down to it and I really need the help.

We’re still waiting on the Union to see what Dannon has to say,

But other than that we are just enjoying life as it comes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment